It was a pretty sweet year, all in all.
- Three of my short stories were published this year. "A Taste for Adventure" was in Allegory. "Sweet Nothings" was in EGM Shorts. "Layer by Layer" was in Urban Fantasy Magazine.
- "Layer by Layer" was my first pro short story sale.
- The Thin, the first novella in the Cross Cutting trilogy came out in August.
- I wrote the other two novellas in the series. They are in the editing process queue.
- I became an affiliate member of HWA.
- I attended two conferences: Fourth Street Fantasy and Gen Con.
- I taught ten classes. That's my job so it isn't really all that impressive. STILL.
- I read 49 books (not including all the reading I do for work).
- I have a Good Reads author page and an amazon author page now.
- I wore an awesome Agent Peggy Carter costume for Halloween.
- I made new friends and kept most of the old ones.
- I kept working on this post even though Safari has crashed six times, reinforcing the rule: SAVE YOUR WORK.
So what about 2016?
- The Hollow and The Marrow (the second and third novellas in the trilogy) are scheduled to be published in 2016.
- I'm working on a short story for a very cool anthology. It's my first invitation!
- I've got ideas for at least three more short stories and a flash piece that I want to get down on paper--and hopefully out in the submission queue.
- I've started work on an outline for a fantasy novel. I'd like to finish the first draft sometime during the year.
- Improve my writing, as always.
- Update the blog at least once a month, with a new goal of one entry every two weeks.
- Do more reading.
- Write, submit, and get some acceptances/publications.
- Publish in a SFWA qualifying market so I can qualify to join.
- Participate in HWA more. Become a full member.
- Maybe make a Facebook Author page? I don't know.
- Finish a novel, query it, and if it works out, find an agent.
- Attend more conferences. Meet new people.
- And you know, keep having fun.
I hope you have an excellent new year. Thanks for reading!